Golf Society news sheet February 2018
This is beginning of season 2018 edition and will again be used this season to inform all members and interested players of what’s happening each month.
Action pose of our 2017 captain in his dynamic role galvanising us all into action.
This year we held our opening meeting at our new seasonal watering hole and confirmed our new season captain as Steve Thomas. We welcome Steve on his return to the position at the same time thanking our past season’s captain Miles Cummins for his outstanding contribution to the society. We had a great season !! Thanks, Miles !!
Steve is founder captain and twice previous season’s very successful captain also the twice winner of the annual captains’ day trophy. Perhaps he might be able to wrest the cup back from last seasons winner Pete Bott (probably not !!!!??) Handicap secretary Pete Bott and society secretary Geoff Meadowcroft have agreed to continue this season which again will run from April to September, with our traditional opening and closing local games at the “park” to be arranged.
We have decided that the society will be limited to 12 members, to allow us to take 3 4-ball groups to each venue per month. If you would like to join our waiting list contact Geoff or Pete.
Information for All Members
- A fee of £25.00 will be made (equivalent to a closed season weekly £2 fee) to all members and then from April the weekly fee of £2.
- Match fees range from £30 – £40 dependant on location and food supplied.
- Match fees to be paid by the 8th of the month before each match.
- Prizes for each match.
- Captains trophy to be played for in August.
- All competitions are Stableford scoring.
- Pre- season, mid-season and end of season night out.
- Would all members ensure they have paid their pre-season fee, please.
the venues and dates for this season (to be confirmed)are proposed as follows:-
We are arranging to play our captain v treasurer yellow ball competition at the end of the season as we did last year, we are also having an inaugural match at the end of March where we will draw the singles and pairs competitors for the “road to the chase”.
The chase will be the new venue for the annual “road to” singles and pairs competition and these matches will be drawn prior to the commencement of the season.